Friday, August 3, 2012

In-house brands...?


Just a little anecdote that happened to me a few days ago that I want to share with you all.

So I was working at a pharmacy today, and this man came up to me and asked me where the Polysporin was, so I brought him where it was, as a good clerk, and showed him the Polysporin in all its flavors; Complete HealFast, Antibiotic HealFast, Triple, Double, etc. 

Of course, we had the store brand next to it, and he asked me what the difference was. And I didn't know what they were. I barely knew what Polysporin itself was used for anyway! So, trying to be as helpful as possible, and with the pharmacy counter being about 6 feet away, I refereed him to the counter to seek professional advice. Much better advice then what he would get from a what-is-Polysporin-anyway guy.

To this day, I still don't know what the actual difference between the in-house brands and the "big" brands, the first always being cheaper in price. I assume it's the ingredients they use in medicines and other medical products, maybe the Q&A level, or perhaps it's just the big name is putting a mark-up price for a product with a big name on it.



Take my money,
Phil.


0 comments:

Post a Comment